Del Monte Fresh Produce’s “Teacher Monday: Cash for Classrooms” promotion is back for it’s second year. The goal of this program is to get kids eating healthier. By supporting teachers, Del Monte Fresh hopes to encourage them to incorporate healthy living and eating messages into classroom lesson plans.
The program awards cash and fresh fruit to kindergarten thru 12th grade school teachers across North America to encourage them to incorporate healthy eating and living messages into classroom activities. Sixty teachers will win a total of $1,000 in cash to purchase school supplies and fresh fruit for their students. Top winners will also get a Del Monte Fresh Field Day event for their school in which the entire student body will enjoy a day of Del Monte fresh fruit, games and fun activities. Salad bars for schools will also be given away through promotions at supermarkets. For more details (and to nominate a teacher you know) you can go to www.fruits.com.
Two readers will win $25 worth of Del Monte Fresh Produce gift certificates.
One reader will win $25 worth of Del Monte Fresh Produce gift certificates for yourself AND a backpack of school supplies to give to a teacher you know.
HOW TO ENTER
(Do any or all of the following, leave a comment for each you complete)
1) Leave a comment telling me your favorite fruit.
2) Follow @DelMonteFresh on Twitter
3) Follow @aliciamarie112 on Twitter
4) Share this giveaway on Facebook
5) Tweet: Win $25 worth of gift certificates for @DelMonteFresh fruit from @aliciamarie112 at www.makingtimeformommy.com (3 winners)
6) Blog about this giveaway
7) Enter another one of my giveaways and let me know which one you entered (I’m giving away a Jeep All Terrain Stroller!)
Giveaway ends September 23, 2011 at 11:59pm Central time.
(Disclosure: I received Del Monte Fresh gift certificates for my time but all thoughts are my own.)