Thanks to ChiTAG for sponsoring this post and hosting my family for the past several years.
It’s hard to believe that the Chicago Toy & Game Fair (lovingly referred to as ChiTAG) is only about a month and a half away! The 2-day toy and game extravaganza will be held at Navy Pier, Festival Hall A, on November 17th-18th. This is one of my family’s favorite events to go to and it really starts our holidays off right. My kids love checking out all the new games and toys that are on the market before they make their Christmas wish lists. (See our favorites from last year here.) Plus, the Saturday of the fair is the same day as the Festival of Lights Parade on Michigan Avenue so you can make a day of it in the city!
The 16th annual Fair is the largest non-hobby toy and game fair open to the public in North America and we love that it happens in one of the best cities in the U.S.- Chicago! There is something for everyone at the fair but here are some special events that will be happening during the 2018 fair:
- NERF Laser Ops Course
- Enter the Young Inventor Challenge
- Beer Garden with Popular Adult and Party Games
- Baby and Toddler PlaySpace
- Meet Santa and Meet Princess-Etch-A-Sketch
- Stratego National Trounament
- Interactive Exhibits, Test out Products Before They Hit Retail Shelves
- Photo Ops: Snap a photo with some of your favorite characters from Star Wars!
- Meet Toy & Game Inventors from Around the World
- Shop for the Hottest New and Classic Toys for the Holidays
- Yo-Yo Championship – Contestants from Coast to Coast
- Be entertained by Ben’s Giant Bubble Show
- Giveaways, Stage Events, Magic Shows, Contests
- Sensory Power Hour for special needs families (Details coming soon!!)
You can purchase your tickets to the fair here. Also, educators, librarians, and scouts in uniform get in free.
This year I’m also giving away a free weekend family pass to the fair (2 adults + 4 kids max – value $128). Enter below.