Everyone loves getting things in the mail, especially children who get really excited because they don’t yet equate the mailbox with bills. I thought it would be fun to share a list of FREE things that kids can get, either through the mail or in person at stores. Here are some of our favorites we discovered:
1) LEGO offers a LEGO magazine and it’s free to subscribe to. My boys love it! Learn more about how to subscribe here.
2) Many sports teams have special kid’s clubs to celebrate their littlest fans! Perks may include free tickets and special goodies when they attend games. Check your local team’s website to see if they offer a kid’s club. If you live in Chicago here are some of our local team’s kids clubs.
3) Kids who are members of the Albertsons Kid’s Club enjoy lots of perks just for accompanying their parents to the grocery store. This club offers free snack sized apple, banana or orange every shopping trip, a free adventure fruit to encourage kids to explore new tastes every month, a free cake square or giant cupcake on their birthday, and a birthday card with treat and coupons for full-size birthday cakes for their party.. Learn more and sign up here.
4) During the summer kids are encouraged to read thanks to a number of places that offer summer reading programs. Check out my list of places that typically participate and offer perks for kids that read over the summer.
5) Budding builders will love the hands-on, DIY workshops at Home Depot. Children who attend these monthly workshops receive a building kit, apron, and special pin (while supplies last). Learn about upcoming workshops here. To give you an idea of projects, my local store’s next workshop is a celebration of National Fire Safety Month where children (with an adults help if needed) will build a model fireboat to put out shoreline or shipboard fires and transport emergency personnel and rescue workers. Once the firefighting vessel construction is complete, children can decorate it with paint and stickers and give it a name like the historically famous fireboats.
6) Those who shop at Whole Foods will want to join their kid’s club where kids can get a complimentary organic apple, 100% Organic fruit leather, or natural animal crackers each visit. They also host in-store events for kids club members that range from healthy learning to cooking classes to art activities. Learn more here.
7. Birthday celebrations are always more fun with a special treat so members of the Barnes & Noble kid’s club receive a free cupcake on their birthday each year. There are also a couple other perks as well. Learn more and sign up here.
8) Bass Pro Shops offers activities and take-home crafts for kids throughout the year to encourage children’s love of the outdoors. They also offer kid’s camps in the summer-time. Contact your local store to find out what upcoming events are happening near you.
9) Kids love playing at Chuck E Cheese so why not sign up for their ‘More Cheese’ Rewards program to earn even more fun bonuses? The program offers rewards for the child’s birthday and half-birthday as well as a number of other benefits like free pizza! Sign up here.
10) Looking for something fun to do on the weekends? Lakeshore Learning stores offer frree crafts every Saturday from 11am to 3pm. Upcoming crafts include back-to-school photo frames, personalized bookmarks, and a number of holiday and seasonal crafts. Learn more here.
What other kid’s clubs and freebies for kids have you discovered? Let me know so I can add them to this list! You can chat with me on social here: twitter, instagram, facebook.