This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FindingDelicious #CollectiveBias
Dinner time is usually rushed during the busy sports seasons of spring and fall so I need to find delicious options that are quick and easy to make. Soup is something both of my boys will eat and something Jacob really loves. My favorite soup brand is Campbell’s because it reminds me of my childhood, and the boys were really excited to see Dory, and her friend Nemo, from Disney Pixar’s Finding Dory on the soup can at our local Target store. The can is full of fun-shaped pasta (sea shell, Dory, and Destiny) in chicken broth. Luke’s favorite snack, Goldfish® crackers, also have our favorite fish characters on their Goldfish® Special Edition! Cheddar Disney Pixar’s Finding Dory Crackers packaging with special edition colors (colors sourced from plants). Together, with some fresh fruit, these make a great kid-friendly meal I can make within minutes.
To celebrate the new Disney Pixar’s Finding Dory branded packages, the boys and I made fun fish shaped placemats for our table. They are easy to clean so any dribbles of soup or crumbs can be wiped off.
What you’ll need:
- Clear contact paper
- Colored tissue paper
- Dry erase marker
1) Cut the colored tissue paper into small 1-2 inch squares
2) Peel a portion of contact paper from it’s backing and lay it sticky side up you’ll want the exposed piece to be a little bigger than a typically sized placemat. Note: Do not cut the contact paper from it’s roll.
3) Put pieces of tissue paper on the contact paper. Your children can make patterns or put them on randomly and they can overlap. Repeat until the majority of the contact paper piece is covered by tissue paper pieces.
4) Carefully peel the contact paper back more and fold the contact paper over so you are covering the tissue paper with the sticky contact paper you just exposed. Go slowly, smoothing the contact paper as you go so that there are no bumps or air bubbles and that the contact paper matches up with the other piece you put the tissue paper on.
5) Cut the contact paper from the roll like you would wrapping paper
6) Use a dry erase marker to draw a large fish shape on your contact paper
7) Cut out the fish shape you drew
You can find both the special edition Disney/Pixar’s Finding Dory branded Campbell’s soup and the Goldfish® Special Edition! Cheddar Disney Pixar’s Finding Dory Crackers at Target. They had a special display at the end of one of the frozen food aisles.
What’s your favorite go-to dinner that’s easy to make?