I recently got the new Windows Phone 8X by HTC and have enjoyed testing it out for the past week. I normally go for a plain colored phone but I like the bright blue color of this one. I also like how it runs Windows 8 like my computer does so I found the phone pretty easy to use.
Here are some of my favorite features of the phone so far:
- It’s so thin! I think it’s the slimmest phone I’ve ever owned. I think this is a great plus for those who like to stick their phone in their pocket.
- There’s a great variety of apps. I thought Windows wouldn’t have that many apps since the Windows store hasn’t been around as long as the iPhone and Android stores have but I found a lot of apps I love in the store. My new discovery is a Starbucks finder app that tells me where the closest Starbucks is and lets me pay via my phone. I am so excited to try it out.
- Bright colors on the screen. The screen is so bright and the colors are so vivid. It’s nice to look at.
- Family Room. I can easily share my calendar, photos, notes, and have a group chat all conveniently on my phone by setting up a “family room”. All I have to do is invite my family members or close friends. So easy to stay connected and I can see so many uses for this.
- I like being able to “slide” from screen to screen easily with just a flick of my finger.
- Easy to locate apps and information on the phone. I like the boxes on the main screen but there is also a list of apps for people who prefer that.
- It’s fast! I’m impatient when it comes to technology and don’t like to wait when I push a button so I’m happy that this phone can keep up with me.
Overall it is a fantastic phone that’s easy to use and I look forward to discovering more features that make life easier and more enjoyable.
(Disclosure: I am a member of HTC’s Troop 8X and received this phone to review. All thoughts are my own.)