Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NatureMadePrenatalDHA #CollectiveBias
I think that one of life’s greatest blessings is children so it’s no wonder that pregnancy is celebrated like it is in our culture. From baby showers to gifts, moms to be are often overwhelmed with love from their friends and family. I created a cute little “Mommy to Bee” gift basket that is perfect to give as a gift to someone who is expecting. What you include can depend on the mom that’s receiving the gift basket but I included some necessities that I used when I was pregnant with my own boys.
Essentials I added into my gift basket:
- Nature Made Prenatal Multi + 200 mg DHA Vitamins from Sam’s Club- because a healthy mom equals a healthy baby
- Peppermints – relieve dry mouth and freshen breath (especially needed during the 1st trimester)
- Decorated journal – to document the pregnancy
- Mom mug – for tea or coffee
- Nail polish – to brighten those toes before she can’t see them anymore
- Stretch mark lotion – to help prevent stretch marks
- Chocolate – does this need an explanation?
- Tin with lip balm in it – for dry, chapped lips
Other ideas include:
- Gingerale and crackers – for queasy stomachs
- Pickles – a commonly craved food during pregnancy
- A coupon for a month’s worth of maid service – mom will be busy with the baby and will need help around the home
- Pregnancy book – to refer to when she has questions in the middle of the night
- “Mom to be” holiday ornament – a cute item to add if you are giving this around the holidays
Before I added the things to my gift basket I decorated the outside of it with letters that say “mommy to” and then I added a large bee shape to make it “mommy to bee”. I added bows to the sides of the container to make it even cuter (I just can’t resist big bows and if the baby is a girl they can be used as hair ties when she gets older). Once you’re done decorating the outside you can add some crinkle paper and tissue paper inside the basket as a base for all the goodies if you’d like.
I tried my best to keep this gift for mom and not add any baby items in it. It was a hard thing to do because there is tons of adorable baby stuff out there! Keep in mind that as the months go by and the mom has the baby she probably won’t get much for herself (#MomLife) so you want to make this about her as much as possible.
What you add will depend on the mom you are giving it to, but I think the prenatal vitamins are must-haves in the basket because a healthy mom equals a healthy baby. Nature Made Prenatal Multi + 200 mg DHA Vitamins provides essential vitamins and minerals (before and during pregnancy) including Folic Acid, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Iodine, Vitamin B12, and Vitamin D3†. It also provides 200 mg DHA which may help support fetal brain and eye development † and Folic Acid which is an important B Vitamin for Women of Childbearing Age and Pregnant Women because it plays a critical role in the proper development of the baby’s nervous system.†
Nature Made Prenatal Multi + 200 mg DHA Vitamins, made from carefully selected ingredients under strict manufacturing processes, are available in an easy-to-swallow softgel and can be purchased from Sam’s Club. They contain No Synthetic Dyes, No Yeast or Starch, No Artificial Flavors, are Gluten Free and have clinically proven absorption of Folic Acid and Iron.
What would you include in your “mom to bee” gift basket? I’d love to hear what you think are the essentials for newly pregnant mamas!