Disclosure: This is a sponsored post but all thoughts are my own.
I’ve really been working hard to improve my photos this past year and I think I’ve come a long way when it comes to photographing stationary objects for my blog posts. Taking pictures of the most important things (aka- my kids) has been a harder task to master. I feel like one of them is always moving or the photos look so forced with their pasted on smiles. I want to take more ‘real’ photos that capture genuine emotions and the smiles that come to their faces naturally.
I’m so excited to share about a photography project I’ll be joining over the next year called Shoot Along 2017 which was created by award-winning photographers, Amy Tripple and Heidi Peters. Designed specifically for parents, it encourages parents to remember to pull out their cameras more often to document the every day moments of life. Weekly photography lessons are sent via email to give structure and accountability to busy parents of ALL photography levels and help parents improve their photography skills.
Shoot Along 2017 membership includes:
- Photography Instruction: Week-by-week photography lessons delivered by email. Learn new concepts, build on your existing skills, or embrace topics as inspiration to remain technically and creatively open-minded!
- Inspiring interviews: Respected professional photographers from around the world give a glimpse into their personal images, sharing pictures of their own families. They will describe how they get shots that are meaningful and authentic.
- Discounts & trends: The Shoot Along leaders keep an eye on what’s happening in the photography community so that you can concentrate on photographing your family. They’ve also arranged exclusive discounts for members throughout the year from suppliers of beautiful photo products.
- A Supportive Online Community: The Shoot Along Facebook Group is a supportive online community where members connect & share photography throughout the year.
- BONUS Editing Tutorials*: Step-by-step videos delivered by email each week will show you how to add magic to your images. *Editing uses Photoshop Elements 14, which must be purchased separately
The year long course covers all of these things:
Looking through the images from Shoot Along 2016, I’m inspired by all the parents that have been participating. I see unique angles, unusual crops and tiny details captured in ways I would have never thought of.
This is an example they showed on their site of how much techniques and creativity can dramatically improve your photos. Can you believe that these pictures below were taken just seconds apart with the same camera and same lens?
Here’s what past participants had to say:
- “Shoot Along had been a tremendous resource for me. I was new when I joined… my boys see to it that I don’t have all that much time to participate, but I’ve taken away so much in the small amount that I have been able to be involved. I’ll definitely be joining again next year!
- “[Shoot Along] has been an amazing resource for me as a photographer. It has been a great frequent reminder to get out and shootpictures of my own kids, which (as someone who does family photography part-time) I sometimes forget to do!”
- “The lessons have been a great way to expand my creativity and try new things in my photography style. It’s been fun to see my work progress from what I thought was “pretty good” into something that continues to get better and better. I now have a collection of beautiful photos of my family that I’ll cherish forever!”
- “The project has allowed me to capture experiences of my family that tells a story of who we are. From looking at lighting differently to seeing my everyday surroundings – these projects have really helped to open up what was definitely a narrow mindset.”
- “I feel like I have such a better understanding of what goes into making a great image, from the basics of focus and composition to more artistic elements such as framing and color and texture. I will definitely be back!”
Want to join Shoot Along 2017? Now is the time to sign up because it starts January 1st! Typically this year long photo project costs $159, but it is on-sale for $129 through January 1st. Sign up here.
I also get to host a giveaway for Shoot Along 2017 so one lucky Making Time For Mommy reader can participate for free! See the giveaway below. Since this giveaway ends after the lessons start, I’d suggest signing up now so you don’t miss any lessons and then if you win you will be refunded for what you paid.