Disclosure: This is a sponsored post but all thoughts are my own.
The leaves are starting to fall and the weather is turning cooler but don’t let that keep your family from exploring the outdoors! Kids can still have lots of fun outside! From jumping in piles of leaves to going on nature walks to playing in the snow, there are lots of activities to do in the fall and winter seasons.
Here are 15 of our favorite outdoor activities to do in the colder months:
- Go sledding
- Hunt for unique leaves
- Go geocaching
- Play in the snow
- Ride a bike
- Go ice skating
- Have an outdoor scavenger hunt
- Make snow angels
- Go on a hike
- Rake leaves into a pile and jump in them
- Build a snowman
- Go on a nature walk
- Have a snowball fight
- Learn how to ski or snowboard
- Play at a playground
One fun app we’ve discovered is Nature Cat’s Great Outdoors app which helps families record all of their outdoor adventures in a fun and creative way.
The app features:
- Daily Adventures from Nature Cat and his friends that inspire your child to use their eyes and ears to find exciting things in nature
- New challenges every day!
- Several tools that all nature explorers should have: Squeeks’ Compass, Daisy’s Camera, Hal’s Sound Recorder
- Sketching and art tool, with nature words and Nature Cat stickers
- Nature journals to create, share and record adventures
This app is great to encourage children to play outside. I loved the built in compass and thought that was very convenient. We also liked the journal feature. We’ve made paper journals in the past but it’s nice to have a digital one.
What are your favorite outdoor activities for families to do in the fall and winter?