Thanks to Tampico for sponsoring this after school snack ideas post.
Back-to-school season is almost here which means shopping for new clothes and school supplies and getting back into routine. Our daily routine varies greatly depending on what sport or activity my kids have that day but one thing that is a given is my boys are going to walk in the door from school hungry. As soon as they take off their shoes and hang their backpacks up they head to the kitchen for a snack.
I like to have a variety of snacks available for them to choose from so I wanted to share a list of 25 after school snack ideas in case you all are looking for some more snack variety as well :)
After school snack ideas:
1) Apples (plain or dipped in peanut butter)
2) Trail mix
3) Pita chips and hummus
4) “Ants on a log” (celery with peanut butter and raisins)
5) Yogurt (plain or topped with fruit or granola)
6) Toast with peanut butter or jelly on it
8) String cheese
11) Cucumber slices
13) Cheese roll up or quesadilla (with salsa)
14) Carrot sticks (plain or dipped in ranch dressing or spinach dip)
16) Veggie straws
17) Red pepper slices
18) Cheese & crackers
19) Fruit kabobs (fresh fruit on a skewer)
20) Nutrigrain bar with fruit filling
21) Crackers topped with cream cheese and strawberry jelly
23) Graham crackers
25) Granola bar
My boys like having juice with their snack, especially when it’s Tampico juice drinks! The Tropical Punch flavor is their favorite. Every time we start to run out of it Lucas makes sure to remind me to get some more when he knows I’m headed to the store.
What after-school snacks do your children enjoy?