(Disclosure: This is a sponsored post but all thoughts are my own.)
I love hosting celebrations. Creating a party around a theme, spending time with family, and enjoying good food makes me happy. Cooking though? Not so much. When it comes to food I tend to stick to easy to eat main course dishes. For past birthday parties I have had things like hot dogs, chicken and burgers.
Some occasions call for more than BBQ-type foods. Easter is coming up and I don’t think a big family meal of burgers is going to cut it so we decided to get our food from the local HoneyBaked Ham store. Sinisa bought a ham dinner complete with side dishes. This is the perfect way to make sure I get my big fancy meal but still don’t have to do much cooking.
Everything is ready to heat and serve and then all I have to do is transfer it to some pretty dishes and enjoy the yummy food with my family. It’s easy to prepare and easy to clean up- my type of meal!
We chose to get both ham and turkey. Though ham is more popular for Easter, I like giving people a choice. Lucas, my four year old, who has not ever liked ham when he has had it in the past, devoured this ham. He loved the sweet outside skin on it and I think the fact that it was nice and juicy helped a lot.
We chose to get three different side dishes: cinnamon apples, sweet potato souffle, and potatoes au gratin. They can be microwaved or heated in the oven. We chose to make them in the microwave but for the sweet potatoes I would suggest making them in the oven so the top gets crunchy.
The sweet potato souffle was a big hit with both the boys (that extra brown sugar I sprinkled on top may have swayed them). It didn’t cook properly in the microwave but we stirred it instead of having it like a casserole and I think that made it perfect. Personally, I enjoyed the cinnamon apples the most and the sauce from the apples made a delicious dip for the ham and turkey.
Want someone else to make your Easter meal this year? HoneyBaked Ham has some great deals going on right now. They are currently offering:
- $54.99 Easter Ham & Turkey Combo – Pair a Turkey Breast (approx. 3 lbs.) with your choice of a Boneless Ham (approx. 3.5 lbs.) or Quarter Ham (approx. 4.5 lbs.)
- $22.99 Turkey Breast (with any Half or Whole Ham purchase)
- $24.99 Easter Brunch Bundle – Cinnamon Walnut Coffee Cake and Honey-Spice Bacon
- Heat & Share Sides: Two for $13.99, three for $19.99
- $5 OFF Half Ham (Bone-in) or Become a HoneyBaked VIP at honeybakedfoods.com (Save an extra $1 when you sign up to become a HoneyBaked VIP at honeybakedfoods.com: $6 OFF )
- $3 OFF Boneless Ham or Quarter Ham