- 1 cup Buckwheat Flour-Whole
- 3 each Large Raw Egg White-Each
- ½ cup Skim Milk
- 3 oz-wt Apple Juice-Frozen Concentrate
- 3 each Banana , peeled & sliced
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon-ground
- ¼ teaspoon Cloves-Ground
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon splenda
- Pam non-stick spray
For the Banana filling
- In a large hot skillet place banana.
- When the banana starts to brown add remaining ingredients.
- Cook until the liquid is gone and the bananas are golden brown.
- Roll the banana filling inside crepe and serve warm.
For the Crepe
- In a blender mix flour, egg white, milk & 2 tablespoons of apple juice concentrate until smooth.
- Let batter sit for 10 minutes before cooking.
- In a small omelet pan spray with Pam.
- Ladle a small amount of batter to make a thin crepe.
- When crepe starts to bubble slightly on the inside turn over.
- Cook for 10 more seconds and lay out on a baking sheet.
- Serve hot
(Recipe and image courtesy of Chef Anthony Stewart of the Pritikin Longevity Center.)