|Cook Time||45 min|
|Prep Time||15 min|
- 3 pounds beef, tenderloin steaks – trimmed of fat
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, Kosher
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, black ground
- 2/3 cup herbs, mixed, fresh – (such as chives, parsley, chervil, tarragon, thyme)
- 2 tablespoons mustard, Dijon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Tie kitchen string around tenderloin in three places so it doesn’t flatten while roasting. Rub the tenderloin with oil; pat on salt and pepper. Place in a large roasting pan.
- Roast until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the tenderloin registers 140 degrees F for medium-rare, about 45 minutes, turning two or three times during roasting to ensure even cooking. Transfer to a cutting board; let rest for 10 minutes. Remove the string.
- Place herbs on a large plate. Coat the tenderloin evenly with mustard; then roll in the herbs, pressing gently to adhere. Slice and serve.
Nutritional Information (per serving)
(Disclosure: This healthy St. Patrick’s Day inspired recipe is courtesy of RecipeRehab.com.)