Yield: 6 servings of Low-Fat Mac & Cheese Muffins
2 cups brown rice elbow pasta;
¾ cup Greek yogurt;
¾ cup pureed cauliflower (see Tip);
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil;
2 tablespoon ground chia seeds;
1 red pepper, diced;
1 zucchini, grated;
2 tablespoons almond milk;
½ cup aged white cheddar cheese, finely grated
Cook Time: 30 min 00 sec
Ready In: 20 min 00 sec
- Pre-heat oven to 375F.
- Boil water and cook pasta as directed.
- Once pasta is cooked and drained, add back to pot, then add greek yogurt, and extra virgin olive oil. Mix well.
- Add ground chia and milk.
- Mix well, and then stir in cauliflower puree, grated zucchini and red pepper and cheddar cheese (reserving a little for topping).
- Grease muffin tin with coconut oil and spoon in mixture.
- Sprinkle top with shredded cheddar cheese and bake for 20min
- Remove from oven and let cool
- Remove from muffin tins and enjoy!