I recently had the chance to review the book How to Choose the Best Preschool for Your Child by Jenifer Wana.
The book features:
- How to find great schools in the local area
- Discussions of popular programs (Montessori, play-based, Reggio-Emilia co-operative)
- Criteria to consider when choosing a preschool
- What to ask and observe during your preschool visit
- Advice for paying for preschool
- Tips for helping your child prepare for the first day of preschool
- Charts and worksheets to make the decision easier
- Plus advice on essays, interviews, and wait lists for those applying to selective schools
As a previous Pre-K teacher and Assistant Director of a daycare I was very interested in reading this book. I really liked the sections of the book on what to look for in a preschool and visiting preschools. Like the author, I think it is so important to go to the prospective preschool with a list of questions to get to know both the program and the teacher better. How the teacher and the administrators of the preschool answer these questions will help you decide if the preschool is a good fit for your child.
I would recommend this book to all parents who are starting the preschool search. You can find out more about the book and the author at the website preschoolprimer.com.
(Disclosure: This post was written for Family Review Network and Sourcebooks who provided the complimentary product in exchange for my honest review.)