Since Valentine’s Day is today (the 14th) I decided to focus on the theme of LOVE for the week after the Holiday.
*Color the snow- put some red food coloring in a spray bottle of water and spray the snow to color it
* Heart path- Hearts taped to ground, jump from heart to heart
* Make Valentine’s Cupcakes
* Make Jello Jigglers
* Gather all heart shaped toys and count them into a red valentine’s basket
* Play with red playdough- make a heart shape
*Potato Heart Stamp Project from Elise Blaha (found on Cafe Mom)
*Decorate a construction paper heart with glitter, crayons, and stickers
* Handprint Valentine w/ words “I love you this much” in between hands
* Love Collage- pictures of people Jacob loves glued on paper
* “Things I Love Book” (idea found here at Creative Homemaking)
* Love Bugs (from Just For Fun)
* Popsicle Stick Picture Frame decorated with hearts and will put picture of family in it
* Kissing Hand Necklace (idea from No Time For Flashcards). As a working mom I love the idea of this necklace. The Kissing Hand is a great book. I own it but it is currently in storage with the rest of my preschool books.
* “I Love You” (The Barney Song)
* If You Love Me (to the tune of: If You’re happy and you know it)
* Jesus Loves Me
* I Love You Through and Through by Bernadette Rossetti-Shustak
* Mama, Do You Love Me? by Barbara M. Joosse
* Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney
* I Love You Very by Flavia Weedn and Lisa Weedn
* Daddy Kisses by Anne Gutman and Georg Hallensleben
* Max’s Valentine by Rosemary Wells
* Hugs and Kisses by Roberta Grobel Intrater
and a variety of other small books about love
Find my winter themed lesson plan here.
FIND MORE TOT SCHOOL CURRICULUM THEMES HERE:
4 thoughts on “Tot School- Love (2/15-2/19)”
Love all the great ideas. I am not a home schooler but I sure will use your ideas to spend quality fun time with my grand daughter who is 6. Thank you!
I love these great ideas for pre schoolers. My grand daughter loves creating things and now we will have plenty to do