This post is sponsored by Torani but all opinions are mine.
Summer is (unofficially) here and that means warm weather and doing anything I can to avoid turning the oven on. I’m a huge fan of no-bake desserts anyway since I like to keep things simple in my kitchen. Plus, since it’s “May-cember” (aka the busiest month of the year) I am all about any shortcuts I can take to make things easier!
When I saw that Torani had a new Cookies & Cream Sauce I knew I wanted to create a special dessert for the holiday weekend to surprise my nine year old who we affectionately call “cookie monster”. I was originally going to make mini pudding pies but I couldn’t find any small chocolate crusts so I decided to make parfaits instead. I’m so glad I did because the layers of chocolatey goodness created one tasty treat! The biggest shortcut I took for these was using premade pudding so I didn’t have to make my own. You can definetely make homemade pudding but, in between taking care of a fussy baby and baseball games, I was happy to erase something off my long list of to-do’s.
Ingredients to make several pudding parfaits:
- Two 4-packs of snack sized puddings – one vanilla and one chocolate
- 1/2 a pack of chocolate sandwich cookies
- Torani Cookies & Cream Sauce (Found at Walmart in the Cocoa or Ice Cream Topping section.)
- Parfait cups (if you want to be fancy) or small bowls
Directions to make pudding parfaits:
- Put the chocolate cookies in a quart size bag and crush into pieces using your hands or a rolling pin.
- Put the puddings into bowls by flavor
- Stir half of the crushed cookies into the bowl of vanilla pudding
- Stir in a couple tablespoons of the Torani Cookies & Cream Sauce in to the bowl of the chocolate pudding
- Layer crushed cookies and pudding into parfait cups and top with more crushed cookies and the Torani sauce
Another thing I like about parfaits is that there is no wrong way to make them so this is a great recipe to get kids helping in the kitchen. They can help crush the cookies and put all the ingredients in bowls. Then, when everything is ready, everyone can personalize their own parfait – whether they prefer chocolate or vanilla pudding and how many crushed cookie layers they want to add is up to them!
Now that I’ve discovered this Torani Cookies & Cream sauce I want to grab some more flavors because they are perfect for drizzling on top of desserts or adding by the spoonful to coffee or cocoa. I already have their Peppermint syrup sitting on my coffee bar so I can enjoy peppermint mochas all year long! It’s easy to craft delicious treats with Torani syrups and sauces because their flavors can create endless recipes and they bring out the best in drinks and desserts. Plus, they are made with real, simple ingredients like pure can sugar and natural flavors. What would you make?