This Very Berry Christmas Tree craft would make the perfect centerpiece at your holiday table!
- one floral foam or green Styrofoam cone measuring 4-5 inches in diameter at the base and 12 inches high
- one box of toothpicks
- Four 1-kb containers of fresh Driscoll strawberries
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 1 slice from a carambola fruit (also known as star fruit) OR slice of melon cut w/ start cookie cutter
- Wash the strawberries and blot them dry with paper towels. Pull off the green stem from each strawberry. Reserve a perfect strawberry for the top of the ‘tree’.
- Push a toothpick halfway into the side of the cone, about 1/2 inch from the bottom edge. Secure a strawberry to the toothpick, piercing it through the stem end. Secure another strawberry right next to the first one. Continue securing strawberries to the cone in circular rows up to its top, covering the cone completely. Secure the reserved strawberry to the top of the tree.
- Remove some mint leaves from the bunch of mint and tuck them between the berries, placing them at about 3-inch intervals.
- Secure the star-shaped carambola or mango slice to the top of the cone using a toothpick.
Image and directions for this craft courtesy of Driscoll’s.