August is National Sandwich Month so I wanted to share a sandwich idea that is simple, healthy, and delicious. This recipe is from Executive Chef Anthony Stewart from the Pritikin Longevity Center.
Makes 4 wraps
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, cooked
- ¼ cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon black peppercorns, ground
- 1 teaspoon minced Italian parsley
- ¼ cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 cups frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium stoneground mustard
- 4 whole-wheat lavash breads (Lavash is a soft thin flatbread about the size of large rectangular-shaped tortilla.)
- Puree all ingredients except lavash breads in food processor.
- Cut each bread in half. Divide spinach/artichoke mixture equally on each piece of bread.
- Roll into wrap.