When children are really young and can’t stay up until midnight on New Year’s Eve you can still help them ring in the New Year by throwing a “Noon” Year’s Eve party with morning festivities and a celebration at noon.
Here are 10 great ideas to make this event extra special:
1) Open a bag each hour with a new activity inside. I love this idea from Keepers Ministry!
2) Make New Year’s Eve poppers filled with leftover Christmas candy. Great tutorial at Make and Takes.
3) Make a list of all the fun things you’d like to do as a family in the New Year.
4) Treat everyone to some cookies designed to look like clocks.
5) Have a balloon drop at noon.
6) Put bubble wrap on the ground and have the kids jump on it to pop it at midnight.
7) Make some party hats to wear! Check out these cute New Year crowns.
8) Party punch in a large bowl will make the occasion extra special.
9) Play a game of Charades and act out events that happened over the past year.
10) Make time capsules to open next New Year’s Eve.
I’d love to hear any ideas you have on how to make New Year’s Eve special for kids :)