Did you know that this week is Random Acts of Kindness Week? Well I just found out today that it is! In my opinion every week should be and it’s sad that we have to have a special title for this week in order for people to be nice to each other but I am celebrating it anyways.
I wanted to create a list of some ideas that I have thought of and would love to hear other’s ideas as well :)
1. Hold the door open for people coming behind you.
2. In the drive thru? Pay for the car behind you.
3. Leave a dollar in a library book where a child may find it.
4. Keep gift cards to a local grocery store in your car to hand out to homeless on the side of the street.
5. Send flowers to a friend with an anonymous encouraging note.
6. Leave some cookies in your mailbox for your mail carrier.
7. Drop off some food at a local food pantry.
8. Make a dinner for a new mom or a family going through a hard time.
9. If you are sitting somewhere and there are a lack of seats offer your seat to someone else who may need to sit.
10. Standing in line at the store and have a large order? Let the person behind you with only a couple of items go first.
11. Think of someone who you come into contact with on a regular basis that doesn’t get thanked for their hard work and write them a letter of appreciation and thanks.
12. Give a genuine compliment to someone- whether it’s their smile, their shoes, or the way they treat others.
13. Welcome new neighbors by visiting them and introducing yourself.
14. Be kind to those working in retail, wait staff, and anyone else that works in a customer service job.
15. Write a note to someone you love (spouse, parent, child) and leave it somewhere they will find it.
16. If someone drops something pick it up for them.
17. Shovel a neighbor’s driveway and sidewalk after it snows.
18. Volunteer to help with a cause you feel passionate about.
19. Give away clothes that don’t fit and items you don’t use to others who could use them.
20. Give someone your umbrella if it’s raining and they do not have one.
Join in and link up your ideas!