Thanks to Ritter Sport Chocolates for sponsoring this post.
One thing you’ll always find in our home is chocolate. Really it should come as no surprise that chocolate is basically a food group around here since I’m married to someone from Europe and I recently learned that Europeans consume nearly half of all the chocolate the whole world eats (according to the International Cocoa Organization). One of my husband’s favorites is German-based Ritter Sport. He loves the sweet and bold flavors and always says they “taste like memories” to him. Every bite reminds him of his childhood growing up in Croatia, from the fond memories of opening Christmas presents at midnight and finding some in his stocking to thoughts of his parents returning home from long trips to Germany and gifting him and his sister the chocolates. His favorite flavor is the Marzipan but he’s truly not picky when it comes to the chocolatey squares of Ritter Sport.
One thing my husband loves doing is introducing our kids (and me!) to the flavors of his childhood and making sure we knew how delicious Ritter Sport Chocolates are was definetely on his to-do list as our two boys were growing up. We’ve tried, and love, a variety of their flavored chocolates so we were excited to learn that they have a new line of single origin chocolates produced from fine, sustainably farmed cacao. The new line includes:
- The 55% Cacao Selection – deliciously smooth milky chocolate with a dark chocolate twist made with single origin cacao from Ghana.
- The 61% Cacao Selection is a scrumptious dark chocolate made from single origin cacao from Nicaragua offering nutty notes.
- The 74% Cacao Selection is intensely delicious with fine, fruity, spicy notes. Produced from single origin Peruvian cacao.
This chocolate is so rich and delicious that even just one small piece of the square bar is such a treat. These chocolates, when melted, would make amazing mugs of hot chocolate to enjoy as we watch Christmas movies over winter break. Definetely need to save a couple bars to do that this year!
Since I’m doing a giveaway for Ritter Sport I thought I’d be helpful and share a few other uses for chocolate this holiday season since 3 winners are each going to receive 100 mixed mini samples of Ritter Sport Chocolates. Yes, I said ONE HUNDRED chocolates. (Insert drooling face emoji here!)
- Have a misunderstanding with a friend, family member, or coworker recently? Write a nice note apologizing and enclose some chocolate. Since Ritter Sport is square in shape, the chocolates are the perfect choice to “square up” (which means to settle a misunderstanding!)
- Make a boring wrapping session more fun with a friend! Invite a friend over for a gift wrapping (and gabbing!) session and reward yourselves with some coffee and a bit of chocolate when all the gifts are all wrapped.
- Have a friend who is not feeling well? Make them a get well basket and include some Ritter Sport Chocolates. (I had to mention this one because when my husband and I had just started dating this is something I did for him!)
- Kids fighting with each other? Have them share three things they like about their sibling and then let them sit down a share the chocolate treat together. (Parent tip… with Ritter Sport there is no fighting over who got the larger piece because they are easy to split fairly!)
- What do you get the person who is hard to shop for? Chocolates and gift cards of course! Gift cards are so impersonal so pair it with a chocolate bar that reminds you of their personality (like Ritter Sport Cornflakes for your yoga-loving crunchy mom friend.)
Want a chance to win Ritter Sport chocolate? Three people will each win 100 sample sized chocolates in a variety of flavors! Enter below and make sure to share this post with your friends!