This post contains affiliate links.
Now that I’m a girl mom I can finally buy all the adorable girly accessories I’ve always wanted to. The problem I ran into was: how am I going to store all these baby girl bows?! We live in a tiny place and Emma just has a makeshift nursery so I am limited on options. I searched Pinterest and found some cute ideas that utilized wire wreath frames and different organizational products (like this Sogeshome’s storage unit) but couldn’t find exactly what I wanted so I went on Amazon. I was looking at wall racks and came upon something that looked like it would be perfect. Technically it’s a rack for embroidery thread spools but it works great for headbands. I bought the 120 spool rack since it was just a few dollars more than the 60 spool rack holder. I liked that it could be set on a shelf or hung on the wall.
Originally I was going to set it on the changing table I never used but then decided it would work better hanging up so I got two cheap hooks to hang it. I covered the hooks with giant cheerleading bows that I had leftover from a project I did a couple years ago. I’ll probably change them out to pink ones when I can but for now it works because baseball season has just started.
I hung all of Emma’s bows by color so they were easier to find when I was trying to put outfits together. I put all the bows with designs on the top rows. There’s still a lot of empty pegs and, if needed, more than one headband could fit on most of the pegs. This rack could probably hold 200+ headbands but I can’t imagine she will ever have that many!
After thinking about it, I decided not to hang my bows that were on nylon because they would be hard to see amidst all the headwraps and larger bows. I decided instead to use cute pink polka dot drawer organizers that I had orginally bought for Emma’s shoes to hold my nylon bows and my smaller bows on clips. They came as a pack of two and each organizer has 16 sections. I put plain bows in one (sorted by color) and bows with designs (sorted by theme) in the other.
I also have matching pigtail bows hanging from a hair bow holder that I had originally bought to keep all my bows on (long before I realized she would have way more than this would fit since I decided bows were a baby girl must-have.) I had this holder hanging in her armoire but now it hangs off the side of the Munchkin nursery cart we have that holds all her sleepers and blankets.
I can’t wait to put her hair in pigtails but that’s about as fancy as my hairstyling skills are….gotta work on that! She’s only a few months old though so I guess I have time :)
Here’s what her hair bow area looks like now (don’t mind the green wall…painting it has been on the to-do list since we moved in!)
The only other thing I want to add is a vinyl saying above her bows. Something like: “cute from head to toe”. Then when she gets older I’ll probably add some mason jars for hair ties, brushes, etc.
Are you looking for hair bows for your little girl? Here are my favorites I’ve found:
- Cheap ribbon hair bows from Amazon (pictured on Emma above)
- Chic Pipsqueak
- Subscription Box ($11.99+ shipping/month for 4 bows)
- Discount code I used was ‘SAVE50’ for 50% off my first box OR you can subscribe to their newsletter and get a discount code that way
- Great deals on add-on bows that ship for free with your subscription
- My favorite item so far are their headwraps which are currently only $3 each!
- Little Poppy Co.
- Subscription Box ($13.99+ shipping/month for 3 bows)
- Discount code I used was ‘THREEFREEBOWS’ for a free month (just paid $3.50 for shipping)
- The floral print bow I got in my April set was gorgeous!
- Subscribers get access to their semi-annual sale which had so many nice bows at great prices
- Olivia’s Bow Club
- Subscription Box ($12.99+ shipping/month for 3 bows)
- Use discount code ‘ref3319059’ for a free month (just pay $3 for shipping)
- Love that they include a headwrap in their subscription box
- Moccs & Bows Bow Box
- Subscription Box ($20/month for 5-6 bows)
- Special holiday bows, “mommy & me” bows for Mother’s Day, and subscription bonuses the longer you subscribe (Minnie ears as a gift in your second subscription box, unicorn flower crown in your fourth box, and mermaid bow band in your 6th!)
- Will update when I receive my first box…it’s still being shipped
Hope this bow storage idea and bow subscription box information was helpful! I’d love to see how you organize your bows and see your little ones in their cute hair bows :) Chat with me on social! Twitter, Facebook, Instagram