Cinnamon apples are the perfect Fall treat. Enjoy!
- 6 Fuji or Granny Smith apples
- ¼ cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Core apples to ½ inch of the bottom of the apples. It helps if you have an apple corer. If not, simply use a paring knife. Cut out the stem area first, then the core. Use a spoon to dig out the seeds. Make the holes about ¾-inch wide.
- Mix apple juice concentrate and vanilla. Pour into cored center of each apple.
- Place a cinnamon stick in the center of each apple. Place apples on nonstick baking sheet and bake in oven for 20 minutes.
(Recipe and image courtesy of Pritikin Longevity Center.)