My boys and I recently had the opportunity to review a few of the new Baby Einstein Discovery Kits. Having viewed the videos before with children but never watching them with my own boys I wondered how they would like them and how the items in the kit would work together.
I have a 1 year old and a 2 year old and though these kits are geared towards children under 18 months, Jacob (my oldest) enjoyed them as well. He pointed out items he knew and told me what they were and especially enjoyed the one with the colors since we are currently working on identifying colors.
My favorite part about the kits is what the chart above shows. Each kit contains a DVD, a book, and a CD. I love that the boys can watch the movie while I get some household chores done, listen to the CD while they are riding in the car, and then I can read the book to them at night. The DVDs use bright colors and interesting characters so they are fun for children and entertaining at the same time. All children learn differently so having multiple ways for them to learn the material is great.
I have a set of 3 Discovery Kits to give to one lucky reader.
HOW TO ENTER (leave a comment for each one):
1) Tell me which kit is your favorite (here is a description of each one)
2) Subscribe to Making Time For Mommy via email or RSS
3) “Like” Making Time For Mommy on Facebook
4) “Like” Baby Einstein on Facebook
5) Follow @BabyEinstein on Twitter
6) Follow me (@aliciamarie112) on Twitter
7) Tweet: “Enter to win a set of @BabyEinstein Discovery Kits from @aliciamarie112 at www.makingtimeformommy.com”
Giveaway ends December 3, 2010 at 11:59pm.
(Disclosure: I received three sets of Baby Einstein’s Discovery Kits to test for this review and giveaway, which is part of a sponsored program through the BabyCenter Blog Network.)